1/2 lb petite sirloin steak
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 head broccoli
1/2 lb snow peas
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Thinly slice the sirloin steak. Toss beef with cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger, and sesame oil, and let sit while you prep the veggies.
2. Cut the broccoli head into evenly sized florets.
3. Wash the broccoli and snow peas, then pat dry.
4. heat up a wok or skillet over medium-high heat, and test for heat by adding a few drops of water. If they sizzle and burn up immediately, the pan is not enough.
5. Add the marinated beef. Toss frequently for a couple of minutes until the beef slices are cooked, then remove the beef to a big bowl.
6. Add vegetable oil to the pan and toss the garlic and red pepper flakes. immediately add the broccoli and cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes until the broccoli is bright green, and still crisp but slightly tender. Remove the broccoli to the same bowl that contains the beef.
7. Add the snow peas to the pain and cook for 1-2 minutes, until slightly tender, but mostly crisp, then add the reserved cooked beef and broccoli and stir it all together for 1 minute.
8. The stirfry is ready! Enjoy with rice or noodles!